Since 1992, UK Architects has been designing projects that create lasting value for our clients. We work with you to maximize the value of your investment, while integrating design quality, cost effectiveness and environmental sensitivity into your project. Institutional projects require extra consideration of the operational and life cycle costs. Institutional projects need to be able to stand the test of time.
- Conceptual Options - Synthesizing information gathered during the Pre-Design phase in order to develop initial concepts. The preferred option is refined into a final design.
- 3D Visualization - All of our projects are developed using 3D digital modeling from day one.
- Systems Selection – We work with our consultants to identify and design the appropriate mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems for the project.
- Construction Documents - Once the design is approved, we prepare the drawings and specifications that set forth the requirements for construction of the project.
- Existing Conditions Plans - These are necessary for renovations and additions. If plans do not exist, we can create them.
- Programming - Outlining all the needs and wants for the project. This also includes a discussion of the budget.
- Regulatory Constraints - Identifying the zoning/planning, building & life safety code constraints that apply to the project.
- Site Analysis - Determining the layout of the site improvements, by understanding the site features.
SUSTAINABILITY & ENERGY EFFICIENCY
On all of our projects we utilize proven strategies to increase energy efficiency and make your project more sustainable. There are also a number of formal programs that can be used to certify levels of achievement.
- Energy Star – Buildings are designed and built to standards that deliver energy efficiency savings of up to 30 percent when compared to typical new buildings.
- Passive House Certification - A voluntary standard for energy efficiency and reduced ecological footprint, resulting in ultra-low energy buildings that require little energy for heating or cooling
- Net Zero Ready - A strategy for designing a project that requires very little energy to operate, which you will be able to offset by installing a renewable energy production system.
- LEED Certification - Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design, is a green building certification program that recognizes best-in-class building strategies and practices.
SELECTING A CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
- GC Recommendations & Interviews - UK Architects can assist you in pre-qualifying and interviewing Construction Managers for your project
- Cost Estimating - Once selected, the CM will work with us to prepare a cost estimate of the final design, clarify the project budget
- Constructability – During the development of the project design we work with the CM to strategize the most cost effective ways to construct the project.
Contact us to Start on your Project or download our
Project Process Guide below
Modest Cost, Intensive Design Exploration Exercise resulting in a Design for your project, complete with Schematic Plans and 3D visualizations. We can include a variety of Stakeholders in this process as well.
Understanding the return on investment of a variety of energy efficiency strategies
LIFE CYCLE COST ANALYSIS
Understanding the long term operational and maintenance
costs of design options